Tuesday 26 January 2010

Get Creative 4006: Little Girls Top

Using one of the many patterns I purchased from Spotlight's Get Creative range (win one here), I decided it was time to try my hand at making something for Little Miss SY2. I hadn't realised that I had patterns for 6-month-olds so I was very happy to come across this one. After umming and ahhing a bit I decided to try my hand at a little top for her.

Material
I used some very cute quilting cotton from Japan. The squirrels and hedgehogs on the pale pink background were perfect for a garment for a little girl.
Plain white thread was used for the stitching.

Pattern (Get Creative 4006 : View C)
The pattern was very straightforward and easy to follow. The only difference I made is that I didn't finish the bottom up with lace or ric-rac as the material was busy enough. I also omitted the bow for the same reason. I think if I made this up in a plain material a contrasting trim would be ideal.

Would I do it again?
Unfortunately I don't have Little Miss M around to test the fit, but I am quite confident she'll be able to wear this. I'm keen to try this out in a couple of other colours once I'm sure that the straps are the correct length (the design said adjust length to fit)


Hoping she'll like it.

1 comment:

Pooey said...

cute top! i love the pattern on the fabric!